SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Students must be a resident of Knight, Don Pedro, Palm Island, or Thornton Key for the current academic year. A resident of the Island is defined as a student with a permanent legal Island address, who physically resides on the Island a minimum of 186 days per year.
2. Active family membership in the P.I.E. Association is required for two consecutive years prior to application.
3. A member of the Scholarship Committee must approve Island Community Service Project(s ) and/or 10 Island Community Service Hours in advance.
4. First consideration shall be for those who are graduating high school students or those who have passed GED tests and have enrolled in a college, university or vocational school during the year of the award. In the event that the student should enroll in another continuing education program, approval by the Board of Directors shall be required.
5. Second consideration will be given to "Special Circumstance" students, i.e. funding for special needs students, tutoring, etc.
1. An application must be filled out by the student and submitted to the Scholarship Committee by April 15 of the eligible year. Mail completed application form with attachments to: Palm Island Estates Association, Inc., PO Box 3151 Placida, FL 33946
Or email to email@example.com
2. The Scholarship Committee will review all applications and recommend eligible students and the amount of their award to the P.I.E. Board of Directors.
The amount of the award will be based on the application criteria, the availability of funds, and the number of eligible applicants.
The application criteria also includes an age limitation of 21 years.
Payment will be made directly to the student, college, university, or vocational school upon proof of attendance.
Questions about the Island Scholarship? Contact us today.
Updated policies approved by the PIE Board of Directors and were put into effect October 2018